The tally of past pupils and masters going to war, then those missing and those killed or dying as a result of the war, was kept by Mr Samuel Corner B.A., B.Sc., a master of the school from 1877, Second Master (Usher) from 1891 to 1914, Editor of the school magazine and compiler of Lists, Honorary Librarian and the first known keeper of school history.  Affectionately known by boys and colleagues as Sammy, he retired in 1914 but stayed for a time when the War broke out continuing to house boarders and support the school.  His record keeping was exemplary but details of men not received at the time have begun to surface and we anticipate more with the Centenary. 

These are remembered below.